Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Tale of Two Birthdays - The Invitations

I have two wonderful little boys who were both born on St. Patrick's Day - two years apart. For the past few years they have been thrilled with having a joint birthday party, but that all changed about a month ago (*sigh*). I knew this was coming, I just didn't think it would happen so soon! So I've spent the last three weeks planning two separate parties for my newly emancipated birthday boys.

My oldest son is turning 7 and decided on a baseball-themed party since he is obsessed with the sport. I immediately knew that I wanted the invitations to have the same look as this invitation I made for a baby shower earlier this year. Here is the baseball jersey version...


Ironically I put myself in the exact same situation as I did with the baby shower invite by underestimating the amount of time needed to complete them - I guess I'll learn on the next go around. So, I again modified the original design for the sake of time. Here's the result...


My youngest son is turning 5 and chose a dinosaur theme for his party. He has never had the chance to experience his very own birthday party, so I'm going all out for this one. I came across a fantastic dinosaur party that was thrown by invitation designer Jill Smith. She created an amazing invitation that I attempted to recreate for my son's bash. Here's my version...


Both parties are happening next weekend, so look for more pics coming soon!

5 comments:

Melissa C said...

Looking forward to the photos!
Both adorable.
I'm a HUGE baseball fan ;)

Cupcakes and Lemonade said...

THese invites are adorable! Can't wait to see the party pics!

BollingWith5 said...

Are you willing to make these? And sell them? bollingwith5@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

so interested in finding out how to make the jersey invite! please email lennon003@hotmail.com

Sophia Mia said...

Special thanks to (hackingsetting50@gmail.com) for exposing my cheating husband. Right with me i got a lot of evidences and proofs that shows that my husband is a fuck boy and as well a cheater ranging from his text messages, call logs, whats-app messages, deleted messages and many more, All thanks to

(hackingsetting50@gmail.com), if not for him i will never know what has been going on for a long time.

Contact him now and thank me later.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com